a strategic EV, enterprise ready
engineered for Services (MaaS & Logistics)
with the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
now with Battery Swap
Auto OEM, Tier 1 part supplier, Energy,
Infrastructure, Internet Services, Retailing
Since our debut at Y Combinator (W16) in Silicon Valley, we’ve had ongoing and constant conversations with thousands of people around the World, excited to learn more about TABBY EVO.
Despite its simplicity, TABBY started a revolution, empowering entrepreneurs to start their own companies, brands, and EVs, but most wanted more. So in 2016, we started working on a new project in stealth mode, crunching all the data and feedback we received. We proudly present you with ‘EDIT’, a data-driven project, based on all the feedback we received from our community.
We realized that many companies and startups want to enter the New Mobility industry to provide solutions that big car manufacturers cannot, but…
- For most the time to market is too long (even once we reduced it in half with TABBY EVO)
- The investments of some millions of USD is not feasible for many companies
- Customizing the vehicle is a necessity, not only for branding but also for specific features for services and advanced ones like connected car and self-driving
- Services are growing, but most transportation-related services are struggling to be sustainable financially and environmentally because they employ traditional vehicles, vehicles not designed and engineered for their specific services, that often under heavy usage breaks in less than 2 years
- Self-Driving startups are struggling with reverse engineering and to cost-effectively integrate the newest technology into the closed design of cars already in the market.
‘EDIT’ provides a solution to all of these problems.
How are we doing it?
We went back to Europe, talking to our friends and partners who are working for the biggest auto OEM for decades, thinking about how to make a future-proof car from your precious feedbacks.
And here it is… please say hello to ‘EDIT’
Pricing and specifications
Target price: 15,000 USD basic version, excluding the battery
Battery pack: provided as a service
VTS (Vehicle Technical Specifications): link
We see the potential of a modular vehicle with the lowest TCO for the future of MaaS & Logistics, that will allow car fleets last 10X longer under heavy usage conditions like car and ride sharing and enable hardware upgrade of Autonomous Driving, Connected Car technologies seamlessly.
- Engineered for services: durable & lightweight
- Modularity allows easy replaceability of parts and upgradability for self-driving & connected car configurations
- Fleets can last 10X longer
- The lowest TCO (total cost of ownership) for fleets
- Battery Swap: the lifespan of the battery is extended up to 3X longer compared to Fast Charging
White-label for Enterprises
Every company can put their own brand on the vehicle, customize the exterior body and interior and keeping the road legal certification.
This white-label, ‘Vehicle-as-a-Service’ allows companies to quickly deliver models tailored for each service and country. With the rise of food delivery, ride and car sharing, vehicles should focus on the service brand and its needs, not the car brand.
The exterior body is divided into 5 main parts, 4 molds (front, rear, roof and double symmetrical door), optimizing production and decreasing costs. A friendly shape, easily transformable according to multiple layouts of Autonomous Driving. Easy to repair and upgrade.
The interiors can provide different settings from level 1 to 5 of autonomous driving. In a level 5 version, there is a “vis a vis” seating layout with a comfortable table in the central area without steering wheel where you can work while the vehicle is driving you from A to B.
Design (in partnership with Camal*)
*CAMAL is a design firm from Turin Italy, that provides style and 3D modeling services, working with well-known car companies and design center
Autonomous Driving for everyone
‘EDIT’ is like a “server with 4 wheels”. Its modular technology allows you to easily embed several hardware and software stacks for Autonomous Driving technologies from level 0 to 5.
It’s a BYOSDCACH: bring your own self-driving code and custom hardware stack (lidars, sensors, CPUs, etc…)